AffloVest is the lightest, first truly portable High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) vest,
now available in Australia with TGA approval.
AffloVest is intended to be used to promote airway clearing and lung secretion mobilisation and may be prescribed by your doctor for certain respiratory and neuro-muscular diseases.
Unlike other HFCWO vests, the AffloVest features built-in individual oscillating mechanical modules that allow for freedom of movement to travel, go for a walk in the park, move around the house, or relax in front of the television without the distractions of loud noise, restrictive hoses or heavy generators.
- AffloVest has eight oscillating motors creating eight individual pressure wave forms, providing disruption in the lungs and mobilising more secretions
- These individual motors allow Afflovest to target different areas of the lungs
- Afflovest is completely postural independent and can be using sitting, standing or lying down
- Three treatment programs allow for customised patient experience. Choose from Percussion, Vibration and Drainage
- Choose from three treatment levels – Soft (5 Hz), Medium (13 Hz) and Intense (20 Hz)
- Portable design provides freedom of movement and mobility to facilitate patient compliance with treatment plans
Freedom of Movement
Lightweight and non-restrictive, the AffloVest leaves the user fully mobile during treatments. Users can go for a walk in the park, move around the house, or relax in front of the television without the distractions of loud noise, restrictive hoses and heavy air generators.
- Postural independence; because of the unique integral oscillation system, the treatment does not vary with the patient’s position, unlike other HFCWOs on the market. Treatments can be administered while sitting, standing, or laying down. (This is a great feature for patients with ALS or Muscular Dystrophy.)
- Rechargeable battery pack with many hours of life
- Weighs from as light as 2.32kg to 4.24kg depending on size, making it the lightest oscillation vest on the market
- Easy to store and easy to carry; perfect for the respiratory patient who travels
- Available in 7 sizes (XXS XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL) (46-58cm chest circumference to 140-165+cm)
Ease of Use
The AffloVest puts complete control of treatments in the patient’s hands.
- Nine total setting variations let patients choose their own level of treatment
- Three modes of oscillation treatment (Drainage, Vibration, Percussion)
- Three adjustable intensity levels (Soft, Medium, Intense)
- Quiet during operation
- AC/DC power option allows users to recharge the battery or operate the vest at home or in the car
The proof is in the results!
A new paper confirms results we’ve seen before – improved patient lung function with AffloVest® by International Biophysics. Average FVC, FEV1, and FEF 25-75% scores increased 15.22%, 17.41%, and 11.21% respectively
Frequently Asked Questions about Afflovest
What is the difference between HFCWO and HFCC?
HFCWO (high frequency chest wall oscillation) and HFCC (high frequency chest compression) are analogous terms which describe airway clearance treatment.
Are the treatments uncomfortable or painful?
No, not at all. The AffloVest produces a series of oscillations to the body’s chest wall, but to the patient it feels like vibrations.
How can a patient acquire an Afflovest?
AffloVest requires a prescription from a physician and is now available in Australia. For more information, call our oxygen specialist at 1800 315 966
Can I travel with my Afflovest
Yes. The AffloVest is lightweight and is equipped with a non-restrictive, rechargeable battery – giving the user full mobility during treatments, unlike other HFCWO vests. When not being used, the AffloVest is easy to store and easy to carry; perfect for someone who travels.
What are some of the advantages of the Afflovest over other systems?
The AffloVest is the first truly portable, battery operated, fully mobile during use, High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) vest, the AffloVest does not require an electrical outlet for treatments. AffloVest incorporates built-in individual oscillators that allow the user to experience treatments without a loud, bulky generator unit
Will you have my size?
AffloVest is available in a full range of 7 sizes – to serve both children and adults. XXS to XXL (46cm/18″ circumference chest to 165cm/65″+)
Can a nebulizer treatment be given at the same time as treatment?
Nebulizer treatments can be administered while using the AffloVest, however users should first consult their physician for guidance.
How long does a treatment last?
Treatment times can vary depending on physician prescription, however they generally take 20-30 minutes and are conducted twice daily.
How much does the Afflovest weigh?
The AffloVest weighs as light as 2.32kg (XXS) through to 4.24kg (XXL) and is the lightest device of its kind on the market.
What is the warranty for the device?
The AffloVest has a limited warranty. We are committed to ensuring the highest quality standards. The Australian warranty is 5 years on the Afflovest and one year for the battery and travel case.