Afflovest Features1:54 pm
AffloVest is the lightest, first truly portable High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) vest, now available in Australia with TGA approval.
AffloVest is intended to be used to promote airway clearing and lung secretion mobilisation and may be prescribed by your doctor for certain respiratory and neuro-muscular diseases.
Unlike other HFCWO vests, the AffloVest features built-in individual oscillating mechanical modules that allow for freedom of movement to travel, go for a walk in the park, move around the house, or relax in front of the television without the distractions of loud noise, restrictive hoses or heavy generators.
- AffloVest has eight oscillating motors creating eight individual pressure wave forms, providing disruption in the lungs and mobilizing more secretions
- These individual motors allow Afflovest to target different areas of the lungs
- Afflovest is completely postural independent and can be using sitting, standing or lying down
- Three treatment programs allow for . customized patient experience. Choose from Percussion, Vibration and Drainage
- Choose from three treatment levels -Soft (5 Hz), Medium (13 Hz) and Intense (20 Hz)
- Portable design provides freedom of movement and mobility to facilitate patient compliance with treatment plans
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Late Effects of poliomyelitis
- Other deficiencies of circulating enzymes
- Anterior horn cell diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Myotonic disorders
- Disorders of the diaphragm
Freedom of Movement
Lightweight and non-restrictive, the AffloVest leaves the user fully mobile during treatments. Users can go for a walk in the park, move around the house, or relax in front of the television without the distractions of loud noise, restrictive hoses and heavy air generators.
- Postural independence; because of the unique integral oscillation system, the treatment does not vary with the patient’s position, unlike other HFCWOs on the market. Treatments can be administered while sitting, standing, or laying down. (This is a great feature for patients with ALS or Muscular Dystrophy.)
- Rechargeable battery pack with many hours of life
- Weighs from as light as 2.32kg to 4.24kg depending on size, making it the lightest oscillation vest on the market
- Easy to store and easy to carry; perfect for the respiratory patient who travels
- Available in 7 sizes (XXS XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL) (46-58cm chest circumference to 140-165+cm)
Ease of Use
The AffloVest puts complete control of treatments in the patient’s hands.
- Nine total setting variations let patients choose their own level of treatment
- Three modes of oscillation treatment (Drainage, Vibration, Percussion)
- Three adjustable intensity levels (Soft, Medium, Intense)
- Quiet during operation
- AC/DC power option allows users to recharge the battery or operate the vest at home or in the car
The proof is in the results!
A new paper confirms results we’ve seen before – improved patient lung function with AffloVest® by International Biophysics. Average FVC, FEV1, and FEF 25-75% scores increased 15.22%, 17.41%, and 11.21% respectively